A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Noah's Nightmare has officially been released!
Help us out by answering a playtesting questionnaire based on the levels you played!
Trapped in a gloomy and abstract world, twelve year old Noah attempts to return back to reality. Embark on an adventure in search of the reason why Noah has been sent to this world and how he can escape. It is soon revealed he is in fact stuck in his own nightmare, dealing with grief he has yet to overcome...
This is Noah’s Nightmare, a 2D platformer with dark pixel art characters and environments. On his journey, Noah will have to face his fears head on, where every stage of his grief has taken a life of its own as the form of creepy worlds in Noah’s mind. The only way out of this mental prison is to find acceptance, regaining enough lucidity to emerge from his imagination. Fight against his deepest fears, and reunite with old friends along the way. Noah's fate is your hands!
- Bend gravity at your will! - Noah can unlock Gravity Charges that allow him to change the direction of gravity!
- Enemies galore! - Noah's mind is infested with his deepest fears, and they are out to get him! Squash them, or use weapons you find along the way.
- Challenging Boss Battles! - Along the way, Noah will encounter enemies that might require a little extra effort. What do they want from Noah?
- Compelling Story! - Unfold Noah's past through his journey of self-discovery spanning across 9 levels in 5 different worlds!
- Collect all of the memory fragments! - Noah's memories have been scattered, and it's up to you to pick up the pieces. Collecting all of them in a level unlocks a memory for you to explore and dive deeper into Noah's dark past.
- Left Analogue Stick - Movement
- Right Analogue Stick - Change Gravity Direction
- X / O - Jump
- R1 - Reset Room
- R2 - Shoot Finger Guns
- L2 - Throw Bomb
- Options - Pause Game
- W A S D - Movement
- Directional Arrow Keys - Change Gravity Direction
- Space Bar - Jump
- R - Reset Room
- Alt - Shoot Finger Guns
- Shift - Throw Bomb
- Esc - Pause Game
- Ana Sofia Silva: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ana-sofia-s-82021b122
- Daniel Serafim: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-serafim
- Lídia Custódio: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lidia-gomez-custodio
- Henrique Gaspar: https://www.linkedin.com/in/henrique-gaspar-b34992191
Story and Dialogues:
- Ariana Abrãao dos Santos
- Rubia Della Volpe: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubi-volpe-a303b585/
Sprites and Illustrations:
- Andrés Azzolina: http://www.andres-azzolina.com
|Release date||May 30, 2021|
|Authors||dserafim1999, LidiaGC, HenriqueMetas, anocas-22|
|Genre||Platformer, Adventure, Puzzle|
|Made with||Unity, Aseprite|
|Tags||16-bit, 2D, blocks, Pixel Art, Singleplayer|
|Code license||MIT License|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
- Week #13 - HenriqueJun 05, 2021
- Week #13 - LídiaJun 04, 2021
- Week #13 - DanielJun 04, 2021
- Week #13 - AnaJun 04, 2021
- Week #12 - HenriqueMay 28, 2021
- Week #12 - LídiaMay 28, 2021
- Week #12 - DanielMay 28, 2021
- Week #12 - AnaMay 28, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.